http://instatbt.com/Place/new-york-new-york/212988663New York, New YorkMovie night at home with DanielaVelasco, sponsored by 1888rumusa. 1888rum is aged in both American oak and European sherry casks, imparting flavors of candied orange and ginger--which made an awesome pairing for our bucket of salted popcorn
http://instatbt.com/Place/seaport-food-lab/420625478337161Seaport Food LabPhotos from the Wylie Dufrense popup at New York’s Seaport Food Lab. Chef Dufrense is one of the most influential chefs of the past decade, a leading proponent of molecular gastronomy. His restaurant, WD~50, closed in 2014 after over a decade. Thanks to Chase Sapphire, Chef Dufrense was back, cooking for two weeks at the Seaport Food Lab. All summer long at southstreetseaport, we’ve enjoyed unique, worldly meals from phenomenal chefs around the country and Sapphire cardmembers got a front row, early access seat to it all – if that’s not a perk, I don’t know what is. SapphireOnLocation. Sponsored by Chase.
1. Passionfruit “tart,” black sesame, argan oil, meringue
2. Chef Wylie Dufrense at the Food Lab
3. Knot foie
4. Scrambled egg ravioli, charred avocado, hamachi
5. Mediterranean bass, parsnip jerky, pickled ginger, nori mustard
6. Cured duck breast, curds-n-whey, sweet potato, fried rice
7. Ants on a log: celery sorbed, smoked raisin, peanut butter powder
8. Rootbeer chew + donut of the day
9. Portrait of Chef Wylie Dufrense
http://instatbt.com/Place/renaissance-albany/701395635Renaissance AlbanyThe last time I was in Albany was over a decade ago; I forgot about the stunning architecture. Empire State Plaza--with its mix of imposing brutalist and neo-renaissance architecture is worth a trip alone. Thanks for sending me up North to explore this city, RenHotels, and for putting me up in the newest hotel in town, the RenAlbanyHotel, which is right across the street. RenHotelsPartnerBusinessUnusual
http://instatbt.com/Place/bryant-park/1917403835190087Bryant ParkIt's National Ice Cream Day and ToyotaUSA has an ice cream truck parked outside Bryant Park handing out free scoops and cones all afternoon to celebrate the launch of the new, NotVanilla, 2018 Camry (which looks 👌). Today's ice cream sponsored by Toyota. It's a gorgeous day, so don't miss it!
http://instatbt.com/Place/new-york-new-york/212988663New York, New YorkSqueezing the last few days out of summer: did you know that the average American consumes more than 23 pounds of ice cream per year? To celebrate the new NotVanillaToyotaUSACamry, in conjunction with National Ice Cream Cone Day, Toyota will surprise Bryant Park-goers with sweet giveaways on Sept. 22 in Bryant Park, New York. Be sure to visit. Ice cream sponsored by Toyota.
http://instatbt.com/Place/seaport-food-lab/420625478337161Seaport Food LabPhotos from Dale Talde’s Filipino-American popup ( daletalde of taldebrooklyn) at New York’s Seaport Food Lab. Chef Talde opened the dinner by telling us each dish would be served family-style, "I think there is something very powerful when you share food--you are forced to engage with the strangers around you." Chase Sapphire cardmembers can book reservations for the Food Lab, which is part of the Seaport Summer and is presented by ChaseSapphireOnLocationsponsored
1. Glass of Champagne
2. Crispy papaya and watermelon salad
3. Coconut bread, chicken liver mousse
4. Lacquered quail, pork, and wood ear mushroom sausage, black walnuts
5. Steamed branzino, green olive-ginger relish, marcona olives
6. Steamed branzino, green olive-ginger relish, marcona olives, up close
7. Tandoori beef rib, gem lettuces
8. Thai fried chicken, peaches, fried dirty rice
9. Clams, morcilla toast
http://instatbt.com/Place/seaport-food-lab/420625478337161Seaport Food LabPhotos from Jessica Koslow’s residency ( prosciuttosnacks of SqirlLA) at New York’s Seaport Food Lab. We sampled dishes from the upcoming menu of Tel, Los Angeles, opening in a few weeks. The Food Lab is part of the Seaport Summer and is presented by ChaseSapphireOnLocation. Sapphire cardmembers (like myself) have access to Food Lab reservations throughout the summer and fall. sponsored
1. The setting for tonight’s dinner
2. Flatbread laminated in cardamom ghee and finished with fig salt.
3. Creamed yoghurt with brunoise facto-fermented dill pickle.
4. “That” dry cooked russet potato
5. Frisée salad with Beecher’s cheddar and sukkah (contains almonds)
6. Oven-roasted cabbage, avocado seed tahini, puffed Meyer lemon, kraut powder.
7. Fried quail in shwarma spices.
8. Braised tomatoes in a pomegranate molasses and walnut sauce, Koda Farm rice with pickled rose hips dill & schmaltz
9. Passamore Ranch sturgeon with hula, green sahawek, and smoked Santa Rosa plums.
10. Portrait of Chef Jessica Koslow
http://instatbt.com/Place/emp-summer-house/1904365973154838EMP Summer HouseEnd of summer lobster boil paired with cocktails by absolutelyx. Today’s trip out East was sponsored and organized by the awesome team at absolutelyx (Thanks!). CopperMakesItBetter.
http://instatbt.com/Place/pure-leaf-tea-house/2471380296431314Pure Leaf Tea HouseLove summer in New York—but it’s almost 90F today! PureLeaf invited me to cool off at the Pure Leaf Tea House located at 79 Greene St. in SoHo for an ice cold Unsweetened Peach Tea with almond essence, finished with a sprig of fresh mint. This post is sponsored, but their iced tea is still really great. Stop by through Sept. 24th. NYC
http://instatbt.com/Place/seaport-food-lab/420625478337161Seaport Food LabPhotos from Alon Shaya’s popup at New York’s Seaport Food Lab. Shaya won the James Beard for “Best New Restaurant” last year. The Food Lab is a part of the Seaport Summer and is presented by ChaseSapphireOnLocation. sponsored
1. Wood fired pita, za’atar olive oil, hummus tahini
2. Glass of Veuve Cliquot
3. Kibbeh Nayah: Wagyu beef tartar w/ pomegranate molasses, Yemenite flatbread
4. Shakshouka: farm eggs, eggplant, chanterelles and Zhoug
5. Red Snapper Chraime: wood roasted summer squash, freeman, green tahini
6. Short Rib Tagine: Semolina cos cons, pistachio, figs, black garlic harissa
7. Apricot Babka, cardamom gelato & sour cherry
8. Pecan baklava: Smoked cinnamon bahamas
9. The dinner
10. Portrait of chef Alon Shaya
http://instatbt.com/Place/pure-leaf-tea-house/2471380296431314Pure Leaf Tea HouseCheck the Apple Matcha at the PureLeafTeaHouse at 79 Greene St. in SoHo, a great way to cool down this summer. It's whisked matcha layered on top of fresh apple, ginger, and lime juice, finished with a dried apple and a drop of tea leaf essence. This post is sponsored, but the iced tea is just awesome. Stop by through Sept. 24th NYC.