https://instatbt.com/Place/bucklaider-limited/600136866857877Bucklaider LimitedCASHEW BUCKWHEAT CURRY WITH KALE 🍽Cuisine: vegetarian, indian, vegan
⏱Prep time: 15mins, Cook time: 30mins
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
1/4 cup cashews (or peanuts)
3/4 cup buckwheat groats
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp coconut sugar
1 14-ounce can coconut milk
2 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp sriracha (optional)
1 and 1/2 cup water (add 1/2 additional cup for a more soupy curry)
1 and 1/2 cups kale, stems removed and finely cut
1 tsp lemon juice
3 cups kale, stems removed and cut into bite-size pieces
1 tbsp oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tsp maple syrup
salt, pepper to taste
🥘How to cook:
1. Heat one tablespoon of coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, garlic and grated ginger. Cook until the onions become soft and just start to caramelize, about 7-8 minutes. Add the buckwheat groats and cashews to the skillet and toast them for 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly, until golden brown. Be careful not to burn them.
2. Add the coriander, cumin, turmeric, smoked paprika and coconut sugar and stir until well combined.
3. Pour in the coconut milk, soy sauce, sriracha if using and stir in the chopped kale. Cover with the water and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes, until the buckwheat groats are soft. You may need to add a little bit more water if too much water has evaporated. Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice.
4. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
5. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the kale and maple syrup and continue to cook for about 5 minutes until soft.Season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve as is, or with the sautéed kale (or your favorite greens) on the side.
Cathryn-Jane RogersCathryn-Jane Rogers2017-11-18Band curry last night after our first Christmas job of 2017! 12 more plus a bit of carolling to go... roll on New Year 🙈🎄🎅🏻🤶🏻☃️❄️ christmasfoxvalleycurryhappycathrynbrassbandcarolsxmasmusicianshttps://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/p640x640/23668134_546036009075654_25185031093747712_n.jpg2017-11-18
Sportsman Bar & RestaurantSportsman Bar & Restaurant2017-11-18Pre match atmosphere is warming up nicely right now.. Big game, need a big performance from the boys!! Get down to the Sportsman for your pre match fix!!! https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/23596422_1913726691975425_5455634756945313792_n.jpg2017-11-18
Robert BharathRobert Bharath2017-11-18WE ARE OPEN FOR LUNCH. PRE-ORDER YOUR SATURDAY LUNCH AT MOM’S CURRY POT. 758-7400
Suzanne ThomasSuzanne Thomas2017-11-18I’m making a curry ! The prettiest of ingredientsspiceshttps://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/23594867_770672943116287_579762564246798336_n.jpg2017-11-18